We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP)
. Note that the program does not offer preliminary intern or transitional positions. Below please find a brief summary of the key items used as a part of the process for candidate selection.
- Recent or impending graduation from a U.S. or non-U.S. medical school.
- Clinical experience, as evidenced by letters of recommendation from within the U.S. during externships/rotations.
- Passing score on USMLE or COMLEX Part I and Part II.
- Passage of the CSA or PE examination.
- Fluency in English and good written language skills. ECFMG certification if applicable.
- VISA status: J-1 visa holders only. Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center does not sponsor other VISA types.
We invite you to submit your application through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
, through December 31. In the past several years, we have received over 3,200 applicants yearly and therefore are not able to respond individually. We will notify you should we select your application for an interview.